?

Log in

Posterior | Anterior

Numbers don't lie

Well, at least there's a huge margin of error in these random statistics, but I look at things this way:

There are 1336865 people in San diego.
49.60% of those are male leaving 663085.04 dateable men.
28.33% are in the 34-55 age range (althogh my preferred age range is 40-45 I didn't find the right breakdown so I'm using this one), leaving 187851.9918 dateable men.
6.80% of the population is gay leaving 12773.93544 dateable gay men
I like bald guys. In that age range, 50% of men are bald, leaving 6386.967722 dateable gay men in the realm of my physical attraction
89.40% of people in San Diego are employed, leaving 5709.949144.
27.85% of people are single leaving 1590.220837
I prefer to date homeowners, so that's 47.53% leaving 755.8319636
I like white boys, which in San Diego is 63.89% leaving 482.9010415
i refuse to date christians, or pretty much anyone who is religious. non-religious people count for 21% of the population leaving 101.4092187
Obesity rate rate is 24.8%, and i don't want to get dragged down by dating someone with sleep apnea, edema, diabetes and the health problems that go with morbid obesity. That leaves 75.20% or 76.25973248
I prefer to date guys with at least 2 year degree which is 27.08% leaving 20.65113556.
Sorry, but I REALLY prefer blue eyes (out of white americans): 22.40%, leaving 4.625854364 that are dateable in San Diego.

LESS THAN 5 GUYS IN SAN DIEGO ARE DATEABLE BASED ON WHAT I LIKE IN A GUY!

This doesn't count in the fact I like guys in a certain height range, or their availability, or the possibility that they have the tools to BE in a relationship and are wired for monogamy...let alone actually the possibility of running into them in a social situation.

So next time you whine about there being 'no good men' in your area, realize it's WAY harder than you think to meet a guy you click with. And when you find someone you click with, fight like hell to keep them around, k?

I've dated 6 guys in San Diego over the last 11 years, 4 of which were one date only (no click).

No wonder I'm dating outside my own zip code!

Comments

( 11 comments — Drop a log )
haflagirl
Nov. 13th, 2010 12:25 am (UTC)
Hey, I've told you before I'd marry you... except I don't quite pass the first test.

And my eyes are brown... and I like having hair.

Nevermind. I guess I'll settle for drinking with you whenever possible.
musklebear
Nov. 13th, 2010 02:13 am (UTC)
do you have a furry butt?
*giggle*

Drinking is good! LOL
haflagirl
Nov. 13th, 2010 03:34 am (UTC)
I do NOT have a furry butt!

More martinis!
musklebear
Nov. 14th, 2010 03:53 pm (UTC)
You're married AND you have a kid! :)
tbrough
Nov. 13th, 2010 01:48 am (UTC)
Hee hee - come to Pennsylvania!
musklebear
Nov. 13th, 2010 02:14 am (UTC)
heh heh...my point is that no matter where we go, the possibilities are pretty limited.

It's also part of the rationalization to move to Toronto. :)
That's where my boy lives.

I know, it sets a really bad precedent for SIR to move to his boy...but we have rights there, as opposed to the theocracy here.
haflagirl
Nov. 13th, 2010 03:34 am (UTC)
Wait... what? You're moving to Toronto?
musklebear
Nov. 14th, 2010 03:55 pm (UTC)
Well, I've been dating the same guy for 19 months. We've known each other over 2 years. We want to cohabitate. (I want to propose...that's okay, he doesn't read my blog...heh heh heh)

We talked about moving him here or me there. We have more rights in Canada...as in, we can actually get married.

Plus I want to escape the theocracy of the USA before Sarah Palin gets to be prez in 2012
haflagirl
Nov. 14th, 2010 04:42 pm (UTC)
All of that makes perfect sense! You just better let me know where to find you when you go!
retention
Nov. 13th, 2010 05:00 am (UTC)
Awwww, not PA! There's no WAY the stats could be any better, lol.


[i moved from pittsburgh in 2001, after about twenty years of living there.]
musklebear
Nov. 14th, 2010 03:57 pm (UTC)
I love Tim, I love you, and I love cheesesteaks

But I just can't really handle PA at all, or many things that come from PA...including Jabba the Ex. :)
( 11 comments — Drop a log )